Frequent Asked Questions
1. Can you tell us about Craggy Nook Villas?
Craggy Nook Villas are centrally located right in Hastings Beach, Barbados. Our Villas are situated right in front of the beach. Craggy Nook is the perfect place for a family holiday, to celebrate your anniversary, birthday or wedding. Our local professional and friendly staff will help if you need some advice. Just come and relax on the white sandy beaches and swim in the warm turquoise waters.
2. Are the rates per person or for the entire villa?
Our rates are for the entire villa. Please check with us if you have a special request, ie: a crib and a high chair can be provided for your baby.
3. What is the required length of stay?
A seven-night stay is required. During the Christmas and New Years Holiday period, our villas require a minimum of fourteen-night stay.
4. Does a weekly rental always start on the same day each week?
No, weekly rentals can start any day of the week, as long as the villas are available.
5. When are check-in and check-out times?
A check in time of 3:00 pm applies. Where circumstances permit, allowances may be made for early check in except for ‘changeover’ days where an arrival and a departure occur on the same day in the same unit. If you are arriving on a changeover day we will not be able to accommodate an early check- in.
A departure time of 11:00 am applies. On a changeover day, where a departure and arrival for the same unit occur on the same day, this departure time will be strictly applied in order to prepare the unit for the subsequent arrival. Any request for late departure must be cleared with the property manager prior to your arrival. On changeover days, at the property manager’s discretion, a grace period of one hour may be allotted which would permit the use of a specified bedroom and bathroom (except the Master bedroom & bathroom) until 12:30 pm in preparation for departure. This grace period must be discussed and agreed on by the property manager in advance. After this one hour grace period has expired the property must be vacated to allow for preparation for the incoming guests.
Late departures maybe requested on non-changeover days only, until 3:00 pm with an associated fee of US $50.00 plus VAT per hour. Any request for late checkouts after 3:00 pm will incur the charge for half a night’s fee plus VAT.
6. When is High Season and Low Season?
- Christmas and New Year’s: December 14th to January 5th
- Winter: January 6th to April 14th
- Crop Over (Summer Festival): July 24th to August 7th
- April 15th to Dec 13th (Excluding Crop Over – Summer Festival
7. Do we have to pay full rent if we book a villa with more bedrooms than we will need?
Payment for the whole villa is required whether you use all the rooms or not.
8. Is Craggy Nook suitable for a wedding party?
Yes, Craggy Nook is an ideal choice for wedding party. Rent our three villas, Craggy Nook can accommodate comfortably sixteen people. Our villas are private, spacious and are situated right on the beach.
9. What are some of the benefits of renting a villa over a hotel?
- Villas are an economical way to accommodate family and group vacations.
- Our villas provide you with a fully equipped kitchen
- Spacious living areas
- If you work while traveling, our villas would be an ideal accommodation since we provide high-speed fiber optic internet free of charge, Sonos wireless sound system and cable TV package and even Amazon TV… all included and free.
10. What services are included?
Cleaning services are included twice a week during your 7-night stay. We can provide additional cleaning services at your request for at extra cost. A Cook, a nanny, and massage services are also available at additional cost. Please let us know prior to arrival if you would like us to customize any of the above-mentioned services for your stay.
11. What is your deposit and cancellation policy?
We require a 50% deposit to confirm a reservation, and the remainder of the payment is due no later than 60 days before guests arrive. A refundable security deposit of $1000 is processed by placing a hold on the guest’s credit card a few days before their arrival to Craggy Nook. After receiving the 50% deposit, we send guests our rental agreement, which will explain in detail our deposit and cancellation policy. Reservations are not considered confirmed, until deposit and rental agreement form have been received.
Outside 90 days prior to the Client’s arrival date at the villa, the Company will refund the total deposit to the Client if and when the Company receives written notice of the cancellation. 90 days prior to the Client’s arrival date at the Villa, the Company will refund 50% of the total deposit to the Client if and when the Company receives written notice of the cancellation. Up to 60 days prior to the Client’s arrival date at the Villa, the Company will refund 25% of the total deposit to the Client if and when the Company receives written notice of the cancellation. Where cancellation is made within 60 days of the arrival date at the Villa no refund is due.
12. Are pets allowed in the villas?
No, pets are not allowed at Craggy Nook.
13. Are children welcome in the villas?
Absolutely! We are parents and we love children. Please let us know prior to arrival for special arrangements such as providing a crib or a high chair for your child.
14. Are parking spaces included?
Craggy Nook offers one parking space for each unit and one visitor space right at the front of the property.
15. Do I need to purchase trip insurance?
We encourage you to purchase travel insurance just as you would do when you go on any holiday.